Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Seek God & Work Wholeheartly

Being in the right place with God beats everything else. Even with the stresses and strains going on in life, being in the right place with God can make everything seem right. That air of contentment. That knowledge of knowing that you are giving God your best.
THIS IS IT…BETTER IS ONE DAY IN YOUR COURTS THAN A THOUSAND ELSEWHERE.[Ps 84:10]

Would I really trade 1 day for 1000?
Would I rather be a doorkeeper in the House of God than be anywhere else that the world might offer?

You know what? I am probably guilty of saying ‘YES’ too easily to these kind of statements. Crossing the line marked YES but then looking for the option to back track. I am realising that you are either IN or you are OUT. In-between, sometimes, lukewarm, so-so, possibly, maybe - I’m not sure God enjoys hearing those sentiments.
2 Chronicles 31 tells us about King Hezekiah. He did right in the sight of the Lord.
v21
‘In everything that he undertook in the service of God’s temple and in obedience to the law and commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.’
Prosper=seek God+work wholeheartedly

To be wholehearted toward something is to show unconditional commitment, unstinting devotion, or unreserved enthusiasm. In other words ‘GIVE IT ALL YOU’VE GOT!!’
I've been through periods of my life were I've been seeking God but not working with my whole heart and periods were I've been working away but forgot to seek God. Results and a deeper more intimate relationship with God comes from carrying out both. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hey sometimes i feel when I don't do things whole heartedally I always feel like their is no point so i have that attituted. but when you put you whole heart into something you really enjoy it, went to do it more. When i first started goin to the church i thought, sure that will do as only for church, but now when i went over durin the week i helped mandy and i felt this is my home, I want it to be the best so i thought differently and made me want to do it thee best more than my own home... i sometimes get involved in tasks and forget where God went in it, it prob would be much easier if i keep in my task as im sure he will make me less stressful...

    ReplyDelete