Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Are you there God?








The task I gave my class (20 7-8 year olds) was to draw what you think God looks like. Very interesting results!!! I particularly like the one with the earrings!
I also asked the class, if they could ask God one question, what would it be? Here are a selection of the questions they would ask...

*Why can't I be God?
*When I get hurt can you heal it fast?
*Why did Jesus have to die for us? (I didn't want him to have to die)
*Why are bugs small?
*What's it like in heaven?
*Are you smarter than the devil?
*When I die will I go to heaven?
*How did you invent people?
*How old are you?
*When I am bad do you forgive?
*How did you make the world?
*How did Jesus come alive again?
*Can you take all my sins away?
*Do you love me?
*Could I disappear?
*If you don't like fights, why was there fights like David and Goliath?


Good stuff isn't it???
I've been in Alpha on Monday night, and I tell you, the questions asked there are very similar! Alpha is a great platform for discussing these questions and discovering God the person, not God the religion.

My class continually keep me on my toes!!!

2 comments:

  1. brill nic, all these drawings are class as it looks like God is just normal to some of them... kids are so open, maybe we should take a leaf out of their book sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just having a look at the pictures again and the blue-faced God is rather scary!!!!

    ReplyDelete