Saturday, 18 April 2009

JOY comes in the morning!


It's not often my husband gets sick - in fact very, very rarely. However we were up all night with many trips to the bathroom (you get the idea!) and here I am at 5am, wide awake after settling David back in bed (and singing him to sleep). I've discovered early morning hours to be very productive for me during the last year or so. My sleep patterns have changed drastically. There was a time you could not have fork-lifted me out of bed and yet now I manage well on about 6 hours each night. Ps 5:3 has become a favourite of mine - "In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."
What are my requests this morning? What am I expecting God to do for me? I guess ultimately I'm asking for JOY. Now I know you're thinking, "You have joy already" - yes, that's true, when I met Jesus I met with JOY personified. But unfortunately in this fallen world we live in, there are JOY thieves - stealers of our JOY. I've been robbed a few times lately - and I'm not a happy chappy! God has just been showing me how I've dropped my guard - there's a battle for my JOY!!! But hey, I'm aware now and back on guard and in the fight.
"Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Ps 30:5) What a great promise! I've cried many tears (especially yesterday - long story) but I'm sensing in my spirit a new day is dawning - and with that comes the promise of JOY!! Even now, I can hear the birds outside my window starting to sing their morning glory song - beautiful. I'm just going to stay here in this moment as long as I can -listening to my Father's words of direction, comfort - and we are going to discuss my day ahead.

1 comment:

  1. hey nic, God is doing something amazing in you and with you, take it all in... i wish i could hear him so clearly but ive had such a busy week as sometimes i need a 'time out' but my work is slightly crazy at thee mo... keep it comin

    ReplyDelete