Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Split Personality


I never cease to amaze myself! Just back from a wonderful rest in Donegal and every house I saw, I wanted to live there. I love being isolated, away from the crowd, just me (and family... or not!!) and nature. BUT, I also love the bustle of city life (especially Belfast) and the people I do life with. I like being busy, organising, talking (!) - but I also like those moments of stillness when you can press 'pause' on life and exhale. Am I a freak? Don't think so. It's all about balance. Don't get me wrong I love my life and try to guard myself against comparisons, regrets, wishful thinking - I know they are states of mind that are not good for me to nurture - and I know God doesn't desire for me to dwell on those things. I just enjoy those times in life when I don't have to think about how I look, or how others perceive me - the pressure's off (pressure I put on myself I might add!) and I'm bathing in the acceptance, friendship and utter enjoyment of my Creator. Maybe it's time I adopted a 'seaside' mentality in the midst of city life.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23137&id=1150295147&l=7a6ad442b5

No comments:

Post a Comment