Thursday, 16 April 2009

Stranger than fiction

Pain is a strange thing isn't it? I mean, my heart is in alot of pain at the moment but incredibly full of hope as well. Over the years I've had people come and go from my life - it never gets any easier but God has been strengthening me to deal with it. I can't hold on to people - not only is it unfair to them, but it's unfair to me. I have a heart and feelings like everyone else but I have to diligently manage them or else they would rule me. The WORD of GOD is what holds me together when people disappoint me or do things I just don't understand. It stands true forever. Thankfully I have a living, breathing relationship with God and He comforts me like no-one else.

I'm sensing good things are just around the corner - no, sorry, good things are well and truly already happening!!! (Yvonne and Grady always say, 'God is good to me', soo true!) I've got a wonderful husband and daughter, a supportive and loving family, a church on fire and taking back their community for the Kingdom, a great bunch of girls who I work with and owe so much to, enthusiastic and willing youth leaders who are determined to reap the many years we've sowed, and most of all a gigantic, awesome, beautiful God who I'm head over heels in love with (and guess what...he feels the same way about me!!!)

So, yes, this is a painful season in my life - but it's only a season. And if I keep my ears, eyes and heart open I can see the goodness of God all around me. Dare I say it? She who dares, wins!!! "I'M EXCITED!"

No comments:

Post a Comment