Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Schools (nearly) Out For Summer!



I am absolutely loving my last few days of school. Loads of art work being undertaken as our VP is retiring this year. We are having a huge party on Friday at school (hence the artwork) and then bopping the night away at the golf club - photos will be posted!!!

My class are just so attentive at the moment. I'm being showered with food and gifts - even little love notes and thank you cards! This is the time of the year when all teachers feel really special. Our school magazine came out this week and I was blown away with how many 'mentions' I received from the children - apparently I'm 'the bestest teacher in the whole wide world'! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't full of pride - but it's a good pride! I'm so proud of my school and the children who have come through my classes are taught more than academic subjects - they are taught to believe in themselves, to reach for their dreams, that anything is possible and that I will always be their friend long after I've been their teacher.

This is always an emotional time for me - I'm so looking forward to the summer - no break for me as I will be working in the church (please visit for a coffee!) - but i will miss the children who will be leaving me.

Bittersweet X

No comments:

Post a Comment