Friday, 17 July 2009


Would you like a little update on the saga of the broken tooth? Sounds like a good title for a book doesn't it?... tooth seeks healing and restoration but can't seem to help itself from going to those dark, dangerous, sugary dens....sorry, I get a little carried away...must be only-child syndrome. Anywho...the tooth (the easily-laid and naive star of this plot) had to have it's nerve removed (I know, you feel my pain!) and after 4 injections, my jaw is throbbing like a beacon to the world. Hence the reason why I'm in my house on a Friday night while everyone, including my hubby and Em are living it up. But don't worry I'm enjoying the quiet (those of you who know David will get this!) and I've connected with loads of new, wonderful people around the planet via facebook. It certainly opens your eyes to know that there's a big, wide world out there full of God-loving people!

Our church is going through a metamorphosis at the moment - slowly emerging from our hidden state, stretching our wings and learning how to fly. A lot of great events planned for Saturday Nite Live and teaching & training packages are being put in place for September.

Read a great quote recently, from George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950), an Anglo-Irish playwright and critic:
"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."

I love this quote because it reflects our human heart’s longing to be a part of something mighty. This is hard-wired into us, an eternal echo that only feels right when we’re doing what we are created for.
For me, as a Christ-follower, I am participating with a force greater than myself, wrapping myself whole-heartedly into His story of redemption. Plunging into my destiny that was prepared in advance for me to do.
And when I am “thoroughly worn out and… on the scrap heap” (you know what I mean) I want to say, with the apostle Paul that I’ve run a good race. I’ve fought the good fight.

How about you? What is the mighty purpose that you’ve given yourself to?

(P.S. hubby has just arrived home and taken off his shoes...now I want to throw him in the scrap heap! The aroma is truly out of this world!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment