Monday, 24 August 2009


If you are a reader of this blog, you will know I'm a real daddy's girl and that my dad is a paraplegic (he has been in a wheelchair since he was 17 years old). He is 54 today! Huge accomplishment considering he was told that he wouldn't survive the week when he was admitted to hospital after being shot in the spine.

As I get older I am more aware of the sacrifices my parents made for me (more details of this in an earlier post 'The child that I am' 7th May). I'm so blessed to have a relationship with my dad where we can talk about anything. We share the same taste in music, art, comedy. He pushed me to make a difference with my life and is always encouraging me to write articles and a book (maybe one day!). He loves to hear my teaching anecdotes and have indepth, intense discussions and debates about how we can change the world. He is one of my greatest cheerleaders yet he is truthful about my weaknesses.

My dad is articulate, witty, strong, loyal, dependable...I just adore him. So I'm taking a moment to thank God for His amazing grace in this man's life...to see him so involved in the life of my daughter is incredibly precious and something I never dreamed could be possible.
I'm celebrating today the life of a great man and cherishing every moment with him.
My mum is totally amazing as well and as I grow older, I'm in awe at the sacrifices she made for me - how incredibly blessed am I to have such brilliant parents!!!

"Parents hold their children's hands a while and their hearts forever"

No comments:

Post a Comment