Wednesday, 19 August 2009


Summer is drawing to a close and a new school year beckons. I love it! I love Autumn - the crisp air, the colours of the leaves, the new journals, school stationary, pumpkins, cosy evenings in with a bowl of stew followed by apple crumble and custard, long walks in the park, new winter coats and boots - yes I can safely say it is my favourite season. Say it with me..."autumnal"...don't you just love that word!!!

I guess on so many different levels I'm living in the rhythm of where I am and preparing for my next season. My prayer is that I will be adaptable and ready to seize opportunities when they come my way. I'm discovering more and more that self awareness and the questions you ask yourself are crucial in the process of monitoring your internal momentum - that it's important to enjoy 'now' while repositioning yourself for tomorrow.

So lots of good things ahead - Emily is going into her final year of primary education, I'm teaching P3/4 (which is a first for me as I usually have the older children), great new and fresh leadership training hitting the church, lots of events planned to invite people to, some home improvements, new series of paintings to complete...watch this space! X

No comments:

Post a Comment