Monday, 3 August 2009

Who Are You Listening To?

Whose voice are you listening to about who you really are? Life is loud. We are constantly challenged to defend and define who we are as we are overloaded with voices that can be competing and confusing.
So I'm listening to God at the moment. I'm listening for His tone, passion, emphasis. Also there's nothing like 'hearing' yourself speaking to yourself (hope that makes sense...you know what I mean). Don't always rely on others to have the right word for you...speak life-giving, powerful words to your own soul. It's hard...especially when you want to have a pity party. It takes guts to live free.

"Keep a cool head. stay alert. The devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping" (1Pet5:8 Msg)

Isn't it amazing that we assess ourselves by our intentions but we assess others by their behaviour? In other words we look at ourselves through rose-coloured glasses and examine others with a magnifying glass.

I've alot on my mind at the moment...I've been meditating on this "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength" (Is30:15)



There's a lot I want to shout about at the moment...injustice, deception, manipulation...I'm seeing lives destroyed and crushed by half-truths, destinies aborted for the easy way out, dreams and visions abandoned in search of a more comfortable 'way'. Like I said, I want to shout...but I'm listening to God. I'm taking my cue from Him...I wanna be like Jesus and do what I see the Father doing, regardless of how I 'feel'.

No comments:

Post a Comment