Saturday, 15 May 2010

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.


This is a bit of a special post today. I want to take a little time to celebrate one of the most inspiring and encouraging women in my world. This is a woman who although I have never heard her voice, her words have impacted my life in a huge way. This is a woman who athough I have never had eye-to-eye contact with, she sees deep into my heart. This is a woman who although lives literally on the other side of the world, is as close to me as a sister.

Glenda Fields divinely entered my world through facebook and I'm so incredibly grateful she did! This amazing God-filled woman helped me to open my heart to friends again, at a time when I was so wounded by broken promises and rejection. When I was under an extreme black cloud of depression and sickness, she posted me a beautiful CD (by her daughter - no end to the gifting in this family!) that soothed my soul and eased my raw nerves. During this period I disappeared from facebook (living under my duvet) and she pursued me with encouraging emails (most people would have given up!) and showed such love and concern for me.

Glenda is a mighty woman of God (and I don't say that lightly) and demonstrates a passion to lift up others and see them captivated by the Kingdom. She is a mother to so many and highly esteemed. I love her and although I may never physically meet her this side of eternity, there is a bond between us that can't be broken. So Glenda if you're reading this - thank you princess for your friendship (and much more than you can imagine!)
P.S. Through Glenda I have also had the awesome pleasure of welcoming more incredible women into my life...Diza, Deb to name a few, I love you too!!! (did ya noticed that rhymed?!)

2 comments:

  1. Nichola, I discovered your blog at your facebook page (we have a mutual friend, apparently) and this post just jumped right out at me. It sounds like we have shared the same experiences recently of depression and heartache. Like you, I have only just reactivated my facebook account after a brief hiatus. I see you are a woman after God's own heart, and it looks like you are doing amazing things for Him! I will continue to follow your blog, and will pray for God's blessings in your and your family's loves.
    Best,
    Erin Daly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Erin! I really appreciate your encouragement! I have a long way to go but I'm learning to let go and enjoy the journey. Looking forward to getting to know you better - I dropped by your blog (looks awesome)
    keep in touch xx

    ReplyDelete