Tuesday, 18 May 2010

The pen is mightier than the sword

I love writing. I love words! I have loads of journals, notebooks, diaries collected over the years - all filled with notes, ponderings, ideas, lists, aspirations, dreams, quotes etc. I've been clearing out my art room recently (as I've a commission for a huge canvas and need to create some space) and I came across some very old notebooks. I've been taking some time to re-read and become inspired all over again. I'm amazed at the person I used to be and how far I've come. I'm jealous of how passionate, tenacious and determined I once was. I'm shocked at how naive I was. I'm grateful for the help I've received during my journey.

Anyway, I came across this piece of writing...I'm sure I didn't think of it but rather read it somewhere and wrote it down to digest. Therefore I don't know the author's name - sorry - but it should impact and enthuse you as much as it did me...

"We are not just a cultural subgroup differentiated by religious belief or faith. We are a culture with values or lifestyles in opposition to those of the culture of today. In fact we are bringing in the new. We are bringing in absolutes, we are bringing in love, life, a future and a hope. We are not here to be ultra modern, current or the latest trend. We are here to be cutting edge, prescient and prognostic. We can't do this in our own natural strength but we can do it by being connected to our supernatural all knowing Heavenly Father"

Isn't that just the bees knees??!! This is exactly where we are at as a church and I am at personally.

p.s. word for today 'pedagogy' - the art of teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment