Monday, 24 May 2010

Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

It's very hard to chose just one...but one of my favourite Psalms is Psalm 46

GOD IS our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains be shaken into the midst of the seas,
Though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling and tumult. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her right early [at the dawn of the morning].
The nations raged, the kingdoms tottered and were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our Fortress and High Tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations and wonders in the earth.
He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow into pieces and snaps the spear in two; He burns the chariots in the fire.
Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our Refuge (our High Tower and Stronghold). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

The first two words in this Psalm again bring so much confidence... GOD IS... our refuge, our strength, our VERY present help... GOD IS... Do you actually believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that God IS all He says He is? I truly believe that if we grasped this revelation of who God Is, our lives would look extremely different.


"A very present help" - wow, I'm just looking back over my life at those times when I was in trouble, overwhelmed by sadness - the comfort of God was VERY present, coming at just the right time. That help was bigger than the trouble, more powerful than anything that could have been offered by friends/family. So, with this truth in mind...WE WILL NOT FEAR!

We then find a Selah... pause, be calm, think for a moment...
Then, the words we all know and so value... BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.The great I am, says remember, I AM.


What IS GOD to you?
He's my source, my life, my rock, my breath, my reason, my song, my healer, my deliverer, my anchor, my hope, my joy, my friend, my Lord, and many other things I could list.
Be confident in His ability to hold your life in His hands.

6 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i think about the Lord
    how He saved me, how He raised me
    how He filled me with the Holy Ghost
    how He healed me to the uttermost
    when i think about the Lord
    how he picked me up
    turned me around
    how He set my feet
    on solid ground

    it makes me want to shout
    hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
    Lord, you're worthy
    of all the glory, and all the honor
    and all the praise!
    Hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
    Lord, you're worthy
    of all the glory, and all the honor
    and all the praise!

    (ephesians 2:4-7, 2 corinthians 5:17)
    Amen Nichola :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this blog. I've signed on as a follower. I invite you to follow my blog as well. Perhaps we can learn and grow together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. They are very uplifting and inspirational. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lloyd and covnitkepr1 - I appreciate your encouragement (off now to check out your blogs!) :-D

    ReplyDelete