Sunday, 13 June 2010

Hidden

A few of my gorgeous friends have been sharing Ps 91 - here it is in the Amplified version...I've been meditating on it this morning

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!
For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
[Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.
Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,
There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.
Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.

My friend Heather said if she had a body part big enough, she would have this tattooed to it!!! Love that! I'd have to agree!!!

Well this has made me think how amazing it is to be hidden in Christ - safe, secure, steadfast.

Ex 33:21, “Behold there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover thee with my hand”. Christ is the rock – God puts us into Jesus and covers us with his hand so that the emotional pain that we’re facing - the inside pain that we have that causes us to sin, without even understanding that we have sinned – doesn’t cause us to be burned up by his presence. He covers us.
It's strange that even when God offers Himself as our refuge, we try to find our own hiding places. God says "there is a place in ME", He is our shield and fortress – the only Rock we’ll need.
Ps 27:5 “In the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling”. There’s a place in God for us but we tend to include our bricks in his building. We tend to build our own walls because we’re insecure. “He will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me upon a rock”.
 
Let the Holy Spirit take you to a safe place – God wants you on the rock and to surround you with himself. Let’s go to that safe place with God, let down our defenses, allowing God to protect our heart and emotions.

2 comments:

  1. Microsoft office 2010 is a complete, easy-to-use suite of productivity and information management software to help business professionals save time and stay organized. Powerful features centralize customer, sales and project information in one place so users can respond more quickly to opportunities. Enhanced tools help create professional-quality business and marketing publications, documents and presentations in-house. Microsoft Office is the best office products! Microsoft Office 2010 Professional includes many new features and improvements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Microsoft Visio Standard 2010 Download offers flexibility and choice by providing tailored work-management solutions for individuals, teams, and enterprises.
    Microsoft Visio Professional 2010 Download provides real-time data connections that allow you to create dynamic, data-driven diagrams easily shared through a browser. It also provides more templates and shapes for engineering, finance, operations, sales, and human resources professionals.
    Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Download includes Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES software for advanced form creation.

    ReplyDelete