- The night I 'knew' I would marry my best friend after being 'just friends' with him for 5 years.
- David having flowers delivered (along with a Cadburys caramel egg) during my final teaching practice.
- Our day trips around the countryside and spontaneous overnight stays at B&Bs.
- Our wedding day - I cried and laughed at the same time while saying my vows.
- The night David played his guitar and sang a song he had written for me.
- Telling him we were going to have a baby.
- Our first kiss at Belfast Castle.
- The day Emily was born - we sat, speechless, staring at her for ages, before contacting family and friends to break the good news.
- Our church plant - this really stretched us and caused us to dig deep into God.
- Suffering depression, illness, eating disorder and yet have someone who loved me unconditionally.
- Watching David lead worship.
- Seeing his face light up when I preach.
- Late nights, in the conservatory, listening to the rain pelting down, talking about life, future, family, God.
- Sitting in M&S carpark, after a season of hurt and disappointment, wondering if we were going to make it - then experiencing a spark of hope and a reassurance that we weren't alone in our marriage.
- This morning, kissing his cheek, while he slept.
Thursday, 17 June 2010
The story of 15
Today my husband and I have been married 15 years! (I thought my anniversary was yesterday...but that's a whole other story!) It's been an amazing journey! 15 memories that stick out in my mind...