Thursday, 17 June 2010

The story of 15

Today my husband and I have been married 15 years! (I thought my anniversary was yesterday...but that's a whole other story!) It's been an amazing journey! 15 memories that stick out in my mind...
  1. The night I 'knew' I would marry my best friend after being 'just friends' with him for 5 years.
  2. David having flowers delivered (along with a Cadburys caramel egg) during my final teaching practice.
  3. Our day trips around the countryside and spontaneous overnight stays at B&Bs.
  4. Our wedding day - I cried and laughed at the same time while saying my vows.
  5. The night David played his guitar and sang a song he had written for me.
  6. Telling him we were going to have a baby.
  7. Our first kiss at Belfast Castle.
  8. The day Emily was born - we sat, speechless, staring at her for ages, before contacting family and friends to break the good news.
  9. Our church plant - this really stretched us and caused us to dig deep into God.
  10. Suffering depression, illness, eating disorder and yet have someone who loved me unconditionally.
  11. Watching David lead worship.
  12. Seeing his face light up when I preach.
  13. Late nights, in the conservatory, listening to the rain pelting down, talking about life, future, family, God.
  14. Sitting in M&S carpark, after a season of hurt and disappointment, wondering if we were going to make it - then experiencing a spark of hope and a reassurance that we weren't alone in our marriage.
  15. This morning, kissing his cheek, while he slept.
When I first got married, I couldn't imagine loving my husband more than I did right then. But when you do life with someone, you either go through hard times clinging to each other or you go at it separately. I am so thankful to have a husband who I can cling to. I love him more than I did the day we got married. I know that the years ahead of us hold some difficult times and some amazing times. There is no one I would rather go through life with than David McClenaghan.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both... a great journey behind you and a more to come... God Bless x

    ReplyDelete